Please help - cloud project ID not same as dashboard ID

I tried to start over creating a new Cloud IoT project using the same board. Since I have the free Cloud account, I was told that I can't have more than one IoT thing, so I deleted the one I previously was using, and created anew one.

I added the properties I wanted to use, and loaded my device with the code produced by the Create website.

It can't connect to the cloud now.

I noticed that the ID shown in the name of the online project does not match the Thing ID shown in the code itself. My previous project matched one for one.

I suspected that this is the issue, so I changed the Thing ID in the code to match the ID found in the online project's name.

But, I can no longer upload code to my Mkr Wifi 1010 board because it is stuck in a never ending loop...
Arduino IoT Cloud connecting ...
ERROR - Please verify your Thing ID
Arduino IoT Cloud connecting ...
ERROR - Please verify your Thing ID

Please tell me how to upload a project while it is in this state!

After retrying to upload the code to my device many times, I finally succeeded. It doesn't seem to matter that the Thing ID shown in the code didn't match the ID found in the project name, and I reverted it back, and it now seems to be working.

I'm glad to hear you got it working lilbuzz. Thanks for taking the time to post an update.

lilbuzz:
It doesn't seem to matter that the Thing ID shown in the code didn't match the ID found in the project name

That's correct. They are referring to two different things, so it's expected and normal that the IDs don't match.