Please help me on this sensor

AWOL: What code? You asked for pinouts.

I don't have one of these sensors, and I don't have your circuit, so I don't know what the thresholds are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl3QwOacUWk Just like that sir. I mean code for pulse monitor sir, that will blink everytime a pulse finger is detected. I am asking sir for the resistors to be used in the TCRT5000 sensor. here's the pdf: www.vishay.com/docs/83760/tcrt5000.pdf

PaulS: 38 posts, and still no links to the hardware? Oh, well. I'll check back later, to see if you really want help.

I will feed the output of the TCRT5000L sensor to the arduino deicimila sir. Just want to check if the code that I've post is capable in detecting a pulse and will let the led blink. Just like in the video sir that I replied to sir AWOL.

I am asking sir for the resistors to be used in the TCRT5000 sensor.

One at 100K between pin C and +5V with pin C also going to an analogue input pin. Pin E to the arduino ground. Pin C to the arduino ground. Pin A to an 82R resistor, the other end of the resistor to +5V.

Grumpy_Mike:

I am asking sir for the resistors to be used in the TCRT5000 sensor.

One at 100K between pin C and +5V with pin C also going to an analogue input pin. Pin E to the arduino ground. Pin C to the arduino ground. Pin A to an 82R resistor, the other end of the resistor to +5V.

thanks sir. do you have any codes for this sir? is it also ok to feed the output of the sensor into the digital pin of arduino deicimila?

is it possible to ask the teacher for assistance? or ur parents? maybe u can get some days more, if u have important reasons... maybe the teacher can give u parts from the storage of ur school?

i think u need this: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/AnalogRead it will measure the voltage at the resistor... this page might be useful: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage

did u paint a circuit diagram already? i think u need 1 resistor to limit the current through the IR source and 1 resistor to measure the resistance of the IR sensor (at this resistor u can measure the voltage, which should vary in dependance of ur heart beat)... both should be higher than 1kOhm, i guess... (maybe GrumpyMike's 82Ohm r better, but they bring u slightly above the absolute maximum rating of 60mA forward current for the IR emitter...)

maybe GrumpyMike's 82Ohm r better, but they bring u slightly above the absolute maximum rating of 60mA forward current for the IR emitter

No. 1.5V forward volts drop, so 5 - 1.5V = 3.5V across the resistor. So with 82R that is 3.5/82 = 43mA which is a safe place to run a 60mA max diode.

s it also ok to feed the output of the sensor into the digital pin of arduino deicimila?

It won't do any harm but will do little good as you don't get a strong signal without any amplification and so you will not swing between the logic levels.

do you have any codes for this

No, the code is not complected, it is trivial and if you can't write it you don't deserve to pass. Take a reading, compare it to some threshold value, if it is above then light the LED otherwise turn it out. Three lines maximum and another one in setup() defining an output pin. If you can't write 4 lines then resit the class.

@GrumpyMike: oh - cool - i forgot that... :blush: then there is still some potential to improve the sensitivity?

some potential to improve the sensitivity?

Well you can push the LED a bit harder. Make the 100K a bit bigger and use the 1.1V internal reference to get a greater range with your readings. So yes there are still things you can do.

RIDDICK: is it possible to ask the teacher for assistance? or ur parents? maybe u can get some days more, if u have important reasons... maybe the teacher can give u parts from the storage of ur school?

i think u need this: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/AnalogRead it will measure the voltage at the resistor... this page might be useful: http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage

did u paint a circuit diagram already? i think u need 1 resistor to limit the current through the IR source and 1 resistor to measure the resistance of the IR sensor (at this resistor u can measure the voltage, which should vary in dependance of ur heart beat)... both should be higher than 1kOhm, i guess... (maybe GrumpyMike's 82Ohm r better, but they bring u slightly above the absolute maximum rating of 60mA forward current for the IR emitter...)

Thanks for the link sir.... I Did not paint a circuit diagram... I'm just collecting informations for the sensor...

Grumpy_Mike:

maybe GrumpyMike's 82Ohm r better, but they bring u slightly above the absolute maximum rating of 60mA forward current for the IR emitter

No. 1.5V forward volts drop, so 5 - 1.5V = 3.5V across the resistor. So with 82R that is 3.5/82 = 43mA which is a safe place to run a 60mA max diode.

s it also ok to feed the output of the sensor into the digital pin of arduino deicimila?

It won't do any harm but will do little good as you don't get a strong signal without any amplification and so you will not swing between the logic levels.

do you have any codes for this

A very big thanks to you sir... I'll be making a code using the arduino analog input... No, the code is not complected, it is trivial and if you can't write it you don't deserve to pass. Take a reading, compare it to some threshold value, if it is above then light the LED otherwise turn it out. Three lines maximum and another one in setup() defining an output pin. If you can't write 4 lines then resit the class.