Hey guys, I am a total beginner with arduino, I just knew about it 2 days ago but it can completely help me on a project that I have been developing. I would fully appreciate a step by step guide on how I can get this project done. What I want to do in this project is:
- Connect the lcd screen that I have purchased (comes with 4 buttons) to the arduino
- I then want to connect the 2 to my PC via the arduino and using the coding software programe arduino so that it does the following thing EVERY TIME it is turned on;
i. a load up screen that says “123abc” for 30 seconds
ii. after the 30 seconds it changes to “welcome” for another 15 seconds.
- After the above is done I then want the lcd to display the data that I would be storing for e.g. I put in the following data “123456789” and on my lcd screen the same numbers appear “123456789”
- The lcd display that I have purchased comes with 4 buttons, I only need one of them. When this button is clicked once I want it to delete the data “123456789” permanently and move on to the next data “ABCDEFGHI” and so on and so on.
- I would also like to add data whenever I connect it to my pc, I would also like a password on this so that if anyone else tries to access the codes/data with the device there is a security feature.
- I have also bought a usb converter for my phone so I would like the lcd screen to turn on and work functionally when i connect it to my phone as a source of power.
The deadline for this project is the 4th of October 2013. I would very much appreciate a reply with a step by step guide on what I must do and also the codes that I could just COPY and PASTE in to the programming software.
Thank you very much for your time!