please reconize this device, what it called

sorry I not native English, sorry for my English,

i look in this video on youtube :

in that machine seem to have some module or device to control how long a bar should be taken, some time about 20cm, other time about 10 cm,
what is that device called?
(look on the goods result, the length and width is different but the goods result is uniform)

note : i like to show you using images, but the forum only online picture available, i have upload it in attachment if you wanna see it

Not an Arduino question! But I would call it a "wire feeder".

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: Not an Arduino question! But I would call it a "wire feeder".

Paul

thanks for the answer, I don't know what is that, how it works, or how to control it, I assume it controlled by the electronic device, in this case arduino,

Dont ya just luv the sophistication of the iron ring as a weight to put manners on the unruly coil of wire. How long did it take them to figure that out?

Old world meets new world.

…R

Kucingmiow: thanks for the answer, I don't know what is that, how it works, or how to control it, I assume it controlled by the electronic device, in this case arduino,

It's controlled by a cam.

Paul

@Kucingmiow, what is the purpose of your question?

...R

Paul_KD7HB: It's controlled by a cam.

Paul

cam? camera?. sorry i new in this kind of work

Robin2: @Kucingmiow, what is the purpose of your question?

...R

i have some project to my friend to make some machinery for his small workshop, but one of my family said to do that thing i must use minimum AC motor with 1 horsepower, and he said we can use DC motor(stepper motor), but it will require much more watt, if i using this "wire feeder" i hope i can still use AC motor with same accuracy as DC motors, and i sure about 80% that "wire feeder" is controlled by minimum by Arduino, i need to make the machine can count how many the machine must cut, this video is my reference : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7VzVV2itAo

Paul_KD7HB: Not an Arduino question! But I would call it a "wire feeder".

Paul

even i know what it is but i still dont know what type and how it can survive with that burden pushing dozens of kilos of metal bar, i have google almost 1 hour and found nothing.

If you are going to use any kind of motor which is not a stepper motor then you need a way of measuring the movement of the wire/bar. A small rubber wheel with an encoder will do.

What precision do you need? Millimeters? How many mm?

MorganS: If you are going to use any kind of motor which is not a stepper motor then you need a way of measuring the movement of the wire/bar. A small rubber wheel with an encoder will do.

As you can see in the video, i will using rotary , then convert it to linear movement, As encoder i am not sure if that can precision in that speed, can it do under 1cm? And the main question, will it strong enough to keep precision in that force?

How many mechanical engineering classes did you take at university?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: How many mechanical engineering classes did you take at university?

Paul

I work as web programer, not engineering, literally i dont understand what I talking about, I just think that ”wire feeder” is set using Arduino, I really sorry if i wasting your time,

Kucingmiow:
I work as web programer, not engineering, literally i dont understand what I talking about,
I just think that ”wire feeder” is set using Arduino,
I really sorry if i wasting your time,

I do understand. But these questions would be better asked after you take some night classes in mechanical engineering.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: I do understand. But these questions would be better asked after you take some night classes in mechanical engineering.

Paul

In will not study for enginering, i asked many people, but everybody just said ”it first time i see it”, it will easy if i know what it that called and order it online(with some specifications), for this project i have somebody else who charge at welding and machinenery, i am charge at programing, The project is making bending for metal cabinet or locker, using pneumatic as bender, but we have some trouble how to pull plate to spesific size, and i see this video at youtube, and hope that device have standards, then i just put it that machine and set it using Arduino,

As my post i will tag it as solved(if i know how to do it), and really sorry, based my feeling, my type is kind of trolling, but its not, and thanks for your reply and patience

Finally!!! We get the real question about your project.

Bending wire is NOT the same as bending sheet metal for anything! For that you use a brake with an adjustable back stop. The metal is held by a pointed platen blade at least the width of sheet metal piece. The sharpness of the platen is directly related to the thickness of the sheet metal. The bend MUST be a curve to avoid fracturing the sheet metal at the bend.

Again, all this is covered in an engineering class.

Paul

I think the OP's interest is really in the process needed to measure the wire (or sheet) as it is fed out towards the bending point.

I don't have the answer. Someone mentioned the idea of a jockey pulley with an encoder and that may be the answer. However I have no idea whether it would be seriously affected by the dirt and grit that is naturally around a machine shop handling large quantities of metal.

Another option might be to use the Arduino to adjust the position of a moveable end-stop and then feed the material until it hits the stop. This would probably be slower - but we don't know the actual process the OP wants to control.

@Kucingmiow, a diagram of the machine that it is proposed to build would be very useful.

...R

MorganS:

Specific numbers, please. Anything else is called “hand waving” in English. I am sure you have a local expression which means the same thing.