Plotting Scattar plot / PCA / Eigenvector on LED cube

Hello All,
I have a Arduino UNO and a LED cube(single color)..Now I want to process a dataset which plots eigen vectors / PCA / scatter plot in Python and plot the same on the LED cube as well!

I know I have to read the serial data in Arduino and store in PROGMEM and send to the cube, but I am confused with the looping of the data!

Could anybody help me with this and probably with a basic skecth with a example file (csv / text)?

It would be of great help!

Thank you in Advance!

Regards,
Shravan.

I know I have to read the serial data in Arduino and store in PROGMEM and send to the cube, but I am confused with the looping of the data!

You can’t / should not store anything in program memory while code is running. You need to store the incoming data in the buffer being used to multiplex the LED cube.

I would actually generate the LED numbers in Python on your other machine and just send a message to the Arduino. The message can simply be the number of the LED you want to turn on and if that number exceeds the maximum number of LEDs you have trigger a function to set all the LEDs off.

So your additional Arduino code, on top of your existing code to drive the cube, will simply be a loop looking for serial data, reading it when it arrives and putting it into the correct place in the buffer.

Thanx Mike..that is a better enough clue to my problem at hand!