PLX-DAQ crashing Excel

Hi

I am using Arduio UNO to capture the data of one of the digital ports and than transferring it to excel (o365) by using PLX-DAQ v2. The data is successful written to targeted excel sheet.

However, excel keeps on crashing while gathering data from arduino. The time after which excel crashes is dependent on delay between readings. If i increase the delay, the time after which excel crashes also increases.

Can anyone let me know what can be a probable reason for this crash.

Can anyone let me know what can be a probable reason for this crash.

A programming error in Excel. Otherwise it wouldn't crash but show you an error. It's most probably not an Arduino problem.

pylon:
A programming error in Excel. Otherwise it wouldn't crash but show you an error. It's most probably not an Arduino problem.

Thank you for the reply. I didn't performed any programming in the excel just used the pre-built excel sheet with the software. Any suggestions on how to address the issue?

Post the information required to reproduce the error, after reading the instructions in the "How to use this forum" post.

PLX-DAQ v2 works fine for me.

jremington:
Post the information required to reproduce the error, after reading the instructions in the "How to use this forum" post.

PLX-DAQ v2 works fine for me.

Dear Jermington

Thank you for the reply. Yeah reading instruction from "How to use this forum" did helped.

When Arduino IDE and PLX-DAQ v2 are opened at the same time it causes excel to crash, however, upon closing excel was able to collect the data without crashing.

The IDE and Excel are both trying to use the same port. That obviously won't work.