PoE on Arduino Ethernet Shield 2

Hi,

I am looking to use PoE to power my Arduino project and provide it with an internet connection. I can see that Arduino advertise an addition "part/shield" to achieve PoE functionality and provide a link for the datasheet:

I am just confused as to how I implement this into my Arduino as I am new to the use of PoE. I have linked the Ethernet Shield 2 below:

From what I can see the "Power lines" or cables which carry power from the CAT5e / CAT6 Cable are R7,R8,R9,R10. These appear to go into some sort of device on the bottom right which has in text:

"R6 e R7 non montare"

From asking a friend this means don't build this or this won't work? Basically I would just like to take power from these "Power lines" and run them into a voltage regulator on a breadboard I have - but this text on the datasheet is confusing me and I'm unsure if it will effect the ethernet data or not.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sounds cool, first you need a router or switch that supports POE (Power Over Ethernet), that is your power supply and network switch. Expect to survive voltage spikes upward of 80 volts with a normal max of < 60 VDC. If you use 100mA you will need to get rid of 6 watts of power with a linear regulator. For this reason I would suggest using a buck regulator, a lot less heat. Power is over two pairs of wires, data is over the other two pairs. If you in any way cross them you can blow a lot of stuff on your network side so be careful. Also you are limited in the amount of power you can use so check that out.

Thank you for your response - very helpful.

With regards the Buck Regulator that is very useful information - thank you. After conducting some research I have found that power can also be transmitted via the data pairs using a transformer at the receivers end to separate out AC and DC. Is this quite uncommon as far as you are aware or have I misread something perhaps?

From reading the datasheet for the Ethernet Shield:

It apperas V1+,V1- and V2+,V2- go into some form of component presumably to somehow convert the power. However;

• On a CAT5E upwards cable there are only 8 cables or 4 pairs. Yet V1+ and V1- are both on R9 and R10? Any ideas how this could be?

-Further to the above point, it states that "R6 e R7 non montare" with R7 being V2+. Any idea what this means?

Thanks for your help so far.