PoE problem

Hi,

I have a Arduino DUE + Ethernet Shield 2

If i use one simple PoE Injector ( TP-LINK 150s ) - 48V-0.35A all systems works fine but if i connect to POE HP ProCurve J8702A all system crash.

Any suggestions for this problem?

Thanks.

what's a "poe"

jackrae: what's a "poe"

https://store.arduino.cc/product/X000002

Problem Solved:

I need to set as max speed of communication 100 Half Duplex on my switch..

jackrae: what's a "poe"

You have a surprising number of posts for someone who does not know what PoE is. :astonished:

Paul__B:
You have a surprising number of posts for someone who does not know what PoE is. :astonished:

At my age we sometimes call them “guzzunders” in that it goes uder the bed and is used for peeing in :wink:

Acronyms are pretty obvious when one uses them routinely but when one is asking a question on a forum of mixed ability the question stands a better chance of an answer if their use is avoided.

jackrae: At my age we sometimes call them "guzzunders" in that it goes under the bed and is used for peeing in

No, too many letters for that one. ("Po")

Now if you were referring to a creepy author, I could understand the confusion.

jackrae: At my age we sometimes call them "guzzunders" in that it goes uder the bed and is used for peeing in ;)

Acronyms are pretty obvious when one uses them routinely but when one is asking a question on a forum of mixed ability the question stands a better chance of an answer if their use is avoided.

Power Over Ethernet!!! Lets not argue about something so pointless :)

amarotica: Power Over Ethernet!!! Lets not argue about something so pointless :)

Hmmm. You are pretty new here, aren't you? :roll_eyes:

Yes Paul__B, I am pretty new here. Sorry my last post was stupid. Although I am new on the forums, I have been messing around with Arduino devices for about two years now and before that I have always been into electronics and known a lot about that sort of stuff, I am just very weak on programming as you can probably see from all my posts! When I saw this forum post about PoE and how somebody didn't know immediately what it was and nobody actually said what it was in any posts, I thought I would try and help out by saying what PoE stands for.

Hope we are good :confused:

A po is pretty handy when someone is taking the pi..!

Weedpharma

A Google search mostly turns up results for "Path of Exile", then immediately below is Edgar Allen ...

OldSteve: A Google search mostly turns up results for "Path of Exile"

Let's face it - it is many years since the Internet was the exclusive province of engineers! :roll_eyes:

Paul__B: Let's face it - it is many years since the Internet was the exclusive province of engineers! :roll_eyes:

Pity, isn't it? It's a bit sad when some silly game comes up as number 1 IMO.

OldSteve: Pity, isn't it?

Not entirely.

It has at least made information and education extremely cheap for the novices and hobbyists who can become engineers.

Paul__B: Not entirely.

It has at least made information and education extremely cheap for the novices and hobbyists who can become engineers.

I agree.

I don't know why but I have no idea what you guys are talking about . What does Power over Ethernet have to do with taking a Pi ? What is the OP talking about ? What is this post about ? (was about, since he got his comms working)

Well, PoE or "Power over Ethernet" means just that. It sends power (I think somewhere around 12v?) through the ethernet/Cat5 cable so devices on the end like VOIP Phones or other electronics that use internet via ethernet cables don't have to have separate power supplies...

Problem Solved:

I need to set as max speed of communication 100 Half Duplex on my switch..

Good to know, in case I ever have to Pi

raschemmel: I don't know why but I have no idea what you guys are talking about . What does Power over Ethernet have to do with taking a Pi ? What is the OP talking about ? What is this post about ? (was about, since he got his comms working)

For clarification, "Pi.." Could be replaced with "pi$$" as in taking the pi$$ out of someone.

Weedpharma

For clarification, "Pi.." Could be replaced with "pi$$" as in taking the pi$$ out of someone.

Ok, now I get it... ;D