Pokeball help

I'm pretty new to arduino and i was wondering how to program the arduino to rumble like a pokeball. Like what type of device do i need to do this and how would i go about coding it. Thanks for your help.

Rumbling on Xbox controllers is nothing more than a weight attached to the end of a DC motor's rotor:

This solution is really easy since you only need to pass a DC current to the motor.

I've never held a real pokeball, how does it rumble?

What's a pokeball?

A pokeball is a device used in a cartoon to catch wild animals that you can then make fight other animals. Basically dog fighting for kids (the woof woof kind, not the jet fighter kind).

INTP:
A pokeball is a device used in a cartoon to catch wild animals that you can then make fight other animals. Basically dog fighting for kids (the woof woof kind, not the jet fighter kind).

Can't you go to jail for that? :-0

Guess i could either ask for a picture or just ask my kid. I bet he knows. Is it Pokeman?

Delta_G:

Not when the animals emit Teravolts of electricity, plasma jets, or streams of liquid nitrogen. But Team Rocket definitely has it coming to them.

Delta_G:

Guess i could either ask for a picture or just ask my kid. I bet he knows. Is it Pokeman?

Yes, it is from the cartoon "Pokemon", which is short for "pocket monsters" which sounds quite inappropriate for a kids' show, but I believe there are adults that still partake in that particular fandom.

HAHAHAHAHA that is all

Indeed - the graphics of the game indicate that pokeballs shake around when being used to catch things (from the captured thingie inside struggling to get out - the game teaches great morals: go catch wild animals, contain them in tiny little spherical prisons and let them out only to fight eachother for your own amusement).

A shaker motor (which as noted above, is just a weight on a motor) is the way to generate this effect on real hardware.

Pokemon is kind of a big deal again because of pokemon go, a geolocation game for iphone/android where you walk around in the real world to catch pokemon. It was in the news when it came out a year ago and people hadn't yet figured out that trespassing IRL to catch pokemon in game wasn't a good idea.

Thanks for your help everyone :slight_smile: