Pololu DRV8825

Hi, can I drive HIGH 4 different pins on the Pololu DRV8825 (RESET/SLEEP/MS1/MS2) with one digital output on the Arduino?

blzalewski:
Hi, can I drive HIGH 4 different pins on the Pololu DRV8825 (RESET/SLEEP/MS1/MS2) with one digital output on the Arduino?

In short, you can't (unless you want to drive them all HIGH at the same time - which doesn't make sense). You will need more pins.

Your options will depend on why you have such a need to only use one pin in the first place. If, for example, you need more outputs or inputs, you can get latching serial-to-parallel (output) or parallel-to-serial (input) ICs - which will give you more "pins"; the 74HC595 is an example of the former. But these ICs will require the use of a few digital lines (but will give you more lines - especially if you daisy chain the chips together). Another option would be to interface similar chips via I2C or SPI (which, again, require a few lines, but can give you back many more in return - furthermore, both of those systems are serial buses, so you can add other chips with different addresses on to the bus, if you have any special requirements for which a chip exists).

Yeah, I do want to drive them all high at the same time.. according to wiring diagram: http://b.pololu-files.com/picture/0J4232.600.png?e1b34b77e9a291c8f667e7d648c090f5 the driver needs RESET/SLEEP driven HIGH to turn on and I only have a need for 1/32 microstepping so I need another two pins driven HIGH. My concern is that one pin wont be able to provide enough current to drive all 4 of them HIGH. Is this the case? If so, what kind of protection should I use?

BTW, I do have extra pins available but I'm just interested in wiring in a way that leaves the most pins open.