pololu qik trouble

Hey all, I am trying to interface my mega with a pololu qik. I know there is a library for that widely available but that only allows for one to be addressed and I am working with 4 (to control 7 motors). I cannot get 2 of the 4 to work. I figure that I am using the wrong number for the motor controller and pololu has a method for getting this address but when I call it with

void setup() { Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

byte baud=0XAA; byte command=0X83; byte param=1; int recieved=0;

Serial.print(baud); delay(1000); Serial.print(command); Serial.print(param);

recieved=Serial.read();

Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved);

}

I get ª? -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª

on both the ones that work and the ones that dont this seems like a serial communications issue to me anyone got any ideas?

Thanks dan

PS I only did the multiple printouts so I wouldnt have to worry about getting the value from the board before I opened the serial viewer.

What is the polulu thing connected to? If you have the Serial Monitor connected to the serial port (and you must, in order to receive the serial data), then you can't have the polulu thing connected to it, too.

Therefore, it is unlikely that the polulu thing is receiving any data. It is equally unlikely that is sending any data back to you.

By the way, opening the Serial Monitor restart the Arduino, so you don't need to worry about missing any serial data that the board receives.

Although why you think that printing the same value 6 times would accomplish anything has me scratching my head.