pololu qik trouble

Hey all, I am trying to interface my mega with a pololu qik. I know there is a library for that widely available but that only allows for one to be addressed and I am working with 4 (to control 7 motors). I cannot get 2 of the 4 to work. I figure that I am using the wrong number for the motor controller and pololu has a method for getting this address but when I call it with

void setup() { Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {

byte baud=0XAA; byte command=0X83; byte param=1; int recieved=0;

Serial.print(baud); delay(1000); Serial.print(command); Serial.print(param);

recieved=Serial.read();

Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved); Serial.println(recieved);

}

I get ª? -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª? 0 0 0 0 0 0 ª

on both the ones that work and the ones that dont this seems like a serial communications issue to me anyone got any ideas?

Thanks dan

PS I only did the multiple printouts so I wouldnt have to worry about getting the value from the board before I opened the serial viewer.

Go and look up Serial.available, you are reading stuff when there is nothing to read in the buffer.

Thanks For the help I am neck deep in this. That makes sense especially when I looked up the tutorial on the serial read. Il give that a try after work and see if that does the trick.

THANKS Dan