Pololu QTR-8A reflectance sensor

Dear Friends,
I want to ask a general question to guys who used Pololu QTR-8A sensors before. I have a project that has a line follower part.
As a group we have purchased this sensor and done some coding, not tested yet. I have seen lots of codes on line following type of robots. But my problem is this:

1. The spacing between the 2 nearby sensors are nearly 0.95cm and our line thickness is 2cm :~ This means that 2 sensors in the array will see the line unfortunately. The codes I have seen dont have this kind of issue. I will do some tests tomorrow in the labaratory. Is there any one who had this issue before?

Why is this an “issue”? You should compute a weighted average of the sensor array output to find the line center anyway. See the extensive Pololu documentation for guidance.

jremington: Why is this an "issue"? You should compute a weighted average of the sensor array output to find the line center anyway. See the extensive Pololu documentation for guidance.

I am confused because I use readLine() function. I assumed every time 2 sensors will see the line. I afraid when the robot comes to the turning point there is a possibility that only one sensor see the line and position may be misiterpreted. Let me illustrate:

'' I am using 8A sensors(0-7) if the line is under the sensors 2 and 3 the sum is 7000. And this is the position exactly on the middle. while turning let say only sensor 4 sees the line and position is 5000 which may cause robot to turn the wrong direction. ''

I will check tomorrow. I have written the code but not sure exactly if it will work properly. I hope there will not be any problem because we have to do other things rather than this simple part.

problem solved