Pond Auto Top Off Project

I'm looking for a little feasibility feedback with a revamp of a project I've got. I have a simple auto top off project I built a while back and am looking to take it to the next level.

At a high level here are the inputs and outputs I have: Inputs: 1x temperature sensor, 1x float switch, 1x flow sensor, and 1x cherry switch Outputs: 2x LEDs and 1x relay switch

Here's what I'm doing today: 1) The arduino controls the relay switch based upon the status of the float switch. This turns on and off the relay to turn on/off a solenoid which controls the water. I have added in some electronic delays (e.g. 10 seconds using a capacitors, resisters, and Schmitt trigger) to the float switch to prevent the water sloshing from turning on and off the solenoid too much. 2) The cherry switch (also using a capacitor/resister/schmitt trigger to debounce) is in the form of a button that will allow me to manually turn on and off the relay to manually fill the pond (or to keep it off). 3) I use the 2x LEDs to indicate the power of the system and the current status of the relay (one of the LEDs stays lit while the other flashes when the relay is on). 4) I am not doing anything with the temp or flow sensors at the moment, although they are wired into the GPIO

Here's what I'm attempting to do: 1) I would like to start logging (preferably to a website somewhere) the current state of the float switch, the temp sensor value, and the current water flow. I would like to take a reading every minute or so. The website can do the analytics and/or alerting to let me know if the pond is using an abnormal about of water and/or I have a leak (meaning the solenoid is off, but the flow sensor is running) 2) I would like to setup an API that will allow me to remotely send commands to the device (e.g. turn the relay switch on or off). This could be triggered by the leak detection on an external website (or something like that)

I have played with using a seeduino cloud to connect to wifi to get all of this to work, but either my code is bad or the device doesn't have enough CPU to handle everything I'm looking to do. Whenever I code it in to do everything, either my input values get missed or the whole thing seems to lock up.

So my basic question is: - Am I trying to do to much on a single arduino which means I should I separate the logging and API stuff from the output/input control? or - Am I doing too much for the arduino platform entirely and should I start looking at alternatives like a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone? or - Does my code/electrical design just suck and I need to redesign this thing (realizing that you haven't actually seen any real designs or code)?

Thanks in advance!

Should be perfectly feasible with an Arduino and a WiFi shield or Ethernet shield (or an ESP8266 may have just enough I/o and already includes the WiFi. Without showing us your code and/or electrical connections we can't tell if they're any good!

Thanks! Do you have a base platform that you would recommend? I tried using the seedunio since it had built in Wifi, but I found that it wasn't the most stable of creatures...

I can't really recommend any particular one, pretty much all should be OK if they have enough inputs & outputs for you. The ESP8266 (this one is probably easiest to interface to) is the cheapest option but not so easy to learn or set up. If you found your Seeed device unstable it could well have been your code being incorrect than faulty hardware. I don't see a Seeed device with built-in WiFi, which one do you have?

I was using the Seeedunio Cloud. It would work most of the time, but because my application is going to be outside it would often get quite hot in the summer (I live in the south). The linux/wifi side would disconnect quite often as a result (I found that the linux/wifi side would be crashed while the arduino side wasn't). I have, in a much earlier application, had a raspberry pi. I had also found with that one that the heat made the microSD card VERY unreliable.

Since this is for a personal project, the cost really isn't too much of a factor. I'm now looking pretty close at the Arduino INDUSTRIAL 101. It seems to be a perfect start for my application and I can build everything off of proto boards and still have it with a small(ish) form factor... I'll also take a look at the one that you suggested. Either way, I'll try to get everything together and document it to post back to the message board (especially if I can get it all to function as desired). Thanks for the advise!