Pond Control Arduino mega 2560 project

Hi all i am making a total pond control device but i need some help :D

what are my objectives

Logging devices

X read and log PH read and log KH read and log GH X read and log 3 times temperature 2 in the water 1 above 2m x read and log Redox X read and log Dissolved oxygen X read and log Nitrate read and log Nitrite read and log Ammonia/NH3 X read and log water level (Analog high~low switch 3 wires 1-+ 1-S1 2-S2) read and log chlorine X read and log water-flow X read and log UVC on time 2x

Al these things must be showing on lcd screen and web-site except water level

Control Devices

4 x relay pump 2 x relay UVC 2x relay Lighting 1x relay solenoid water fill 1x relay Pond heather 3x or more extra relays

everything must have a button or true touchscreen

Modules

wifi bluetooth i think the mega 2560 Ethernet for replacement for wifi Big lcd touchscreen 12.1" (4x3) waterproof if its possible to ad a web-cam showing on website

what for modules do i need more

Al these things must be read and controlled true a website

So will this work or can it work i hope so :sweat_smile:

Greetings Sijmen

The question is too unspecific. Presumably you are not expecting a full wiring diagram and code template. This could be a largish project, but can be segmented into several smaller problems, if and when you encounter them, where you can ask about one at a time in the specific areas. To give an example of why your specification is too broad at this moment:

"Read and log" - how often do we need the update? (Guess: It is a large body of water. Once an hour?) How long do you need to log? (Guess between the times you upload to the pc. A few weeks?)

You mention 13 "probes" to measure&log. Fortunatly your Mega has 16 analog inputs. Your probes need to deliver a 0-5V (or 0-3.3V) signal.

You mention 13 outputs plus another 13 (or 26?) inputs. No problem there, as long as you use some transistor circuit to switch the relays.

The LCD screen I have no comments. You know it is 12.1 inches (that is nice and precise measurement) but do not mention characterbased, colour, graphic, resolutin or anumber of other items. It will come with its own controller (presumably) and that is more important to know than its size or water resistance (how many meters depth?)

I presume you already have choosen or purchased some or all sensors? You may be fortunate that someone in the sensors topic area has suggestions for some of them, if not.

IMHO the project is quite doable - except for the large choice of connectivity, if you expect your Mega to handle all of them. It might for example be good to an (old) pc to handle the webserver stuff and just let it have some simple serial/wireless to the Arduino.

Hi Msquare

Read and log must have a 1 month saving on all parameters

Probes to measure&log it can be analog or digital most are digital 0-5v

Lcd will be full color the rest i dont now but i need a 12,1Inch screen ore it will be to small

i dont have purchased probes or arduino i am looking at the best product but my opinion goes to Arduino

the codes i can handle well

ya i have 20 Koi basins to probe so maybe i will log them true wireless

And it will work :D

Greetings Sijmen

Lcd will be full color the rest i dont now but i need a 12,1Inch screen ore it will be to small

There are no LCD screens of that size that the Arduino can drive. Look at how many pixels such a screen would involve, and figure out how many bytes of memory it would require to define a color for each pixel. Subtract that amount of memory from the amount of memory that the Arduino has. I don't think that you will have a positive number as a result.

Perhaps a PC interface, since you are talking wifi or ethernet, would make more sense.

If it can be black and white text only, use the tvOut library with a small tv.

Hi, Interesting project.. Can you point to examples of this type of fish and basins??

One part: Relay and power control.. see: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/ArduinoPower

Low-cost relay boards are available in 1,2,4, and 8 relay boards..

Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont terry@yourduino.com

Hello am about to start a similar project for automatic pond control.

Have you find an affordable nitrate ise? and if yes can you post a link?

panosm763: Have you find an affordable nitrate ise? and if yes can you post a link?

How do you meen

bilbo: If it can be black and white text only, use the tvOut library with a small tv.

can it be blue and white

oke i have been thinking and i have made a block scheme this is the first part extensions will follow later first let this work stable

My Inputs

1 PH Probe 2 GH Probe 3 Redox Probe 4 o2 Probe 5 Nitrate Probe 6 Nitrite Probe 7 Amonia Probe 8 Water flow Meter 9 Chlorine 10 Temperature 1 11 Temperature 2 12 Temperature 3 13 Light sensor

My outputs All true a relay Digital

1 Uv-c 1 2 Uv-c 2 3 Pump-1 4 Pump-2 5 Pump-3 6 Spare Pump 7 Light-1 8 Light 2 9 Air-pump-1 10 Air-pump-2 11 Heating-1 12 Heating-2 13 Pond filling 14 Ozone Creator 15 Flash light emergency

Then my communication

1 Wifi + Ethernet Board 2 Blue-tooth module

Then my Log module it must log once a hour

1 PH Probe 2 GH Probe 3 Redox Probe (live feed to ozone generator) 4 o2 Probe 5 Nitrate Probe 6 Nitrite Probe 7 Amonia Probe 8 Water flow Meter 9 Chlorine 10 Temperature 1 (Live feed to Heater-1) 11 Temperature 2 12 Temperature 3 13 Light sensor 14 Uv-c-1 Time on 15 Uv-c-2 Time on

Then additional switching true a switch on the box

1 Temperature-1> must switch Heating-1 and Heating-2 2 Redox Probe> must switch Ozone Creator 3 Light sensor> must switch pond lights-1 and lights-2

Now is my question what for modules do i need

1 Arduino Mega 2560 2 Wifi shield whit Ethernet 3 Log + data shield 3 Blue-tooth module 4 time module ?

Oke i have a chat whit Rob Tillaart and his best thing is that i put it in steps so whe do it in steps

Step
1 Temperature
2 Light
3 Water flow

i am also bizy on my own forum in englich http://www.coronavijvertechniek.nl/Forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

zo i have been bizy i have my temp and air humidity running

#include <SHT1x.h>

// Specify data and clock connections and instantiate SHT1x object
#define dataPin  10
#define clockPin 11
SHT1x sht1x(dataPin, clockPin);

void setup()
{
   Serial.begin(38400); // Open serial connection to report values to host
   Serial.println("Starting up");
}

void loop()
{
  float temp_c;
  float temp_f;
  float humidity;

// Read values from the sensor
  temp_c = sht1x.readTemperatureC();
  temp_f = sht1x.readTemperatureF();
  humidity = sht1x.readHumidity();

// Print the values to the serial port
  Serial.print("Temperature: ");
  Serial.print(temp_c, DEC);
  Serial.print("C / ");
  Serial.print(temp_f, DEC);
  Serial.print("F. Humidity: ");
  Serial.print(humidity);
  Serial.println("%");

delay(2000);

and than i get this

Temperature: 22.5399971008C / 72.6079940795F. Humidity: 53.86%
Temperature: 22.5299987792C / 72.5899963378F. Humidity: 53.86%
Temperature: 22.5200004577C / 72.5899963378F. Humidity: 53.86%
Temperature: 22.5000000000C / 72.5719985961F. Humidity: 53.92%
Temperature: 22.5200004577C / 72.5899963378F. Humidity: 53.99%
Temperature: 22.5000000000C / 72.5539932250F. Humidity: 54.02%
Temperature: 22.5000000000C / 72.5179977416F. Humidity: 53.99%
Temperature: 22.5000000000C / 72.5359954833F. Humidity: 53.99%
Temperature: 22.4799995422C / 72.5359954833F. Humidity: 53.99%
Temperature: 22.4899978637C / 72.5179977416F. Humidity: 53.99%
Temperature: 22.4799995422C / 72.5179977416F. Humidity: 53.95%

I hope that you don't think those numbers are accurate to 10 decimal places.

I would suggest looking at some of the reef controller builds that have been documented, they will be similar.

That is a lot of probes you want to use. Do ammonia/nitrite/nitrate really need to be checked that often? If I were logging those on my reef tanks, I would see nothing but zeroes after the tank is cycled.

RE: the LCD screen, you might want something like http://c-more.automationdirect.com/hardware/12_tft.html which would get data from your arduino over ethernet or serial. But is only "splash proof" not "water proof". But, no buttons needed!

PaulS: I hope that you don't think those numbers are accurate to 10 decimal places.

i think im going to use the DS18B20 whit 2 decimal places i dont need the humidity sensor

Paulcet: RE: the LCD screen, you might want something like http://c-more.automationdirect.com/hardware/12_tft.html which would get data from your arduino over ethernet or serial. But is only "splash proof" not "water proof". But, no buttons needed!

is very expensive lcd screen

jvdb: I would suggest looking at some of the reef controller builds that have been documented, they will be similar.

That is a lot of probes you want to use. Do ammonia/nitrite/nitrate really need to be checked that often? If I were logging those on my reef tanks, I would see nothing but zeroes after the tank is cycled.

i want to have PH,O2,Redox,Nitrate,and Water flow

how about this project https://www.atlas-scientific.com/index.php/stamps will this work

And than i am looking for some one that can help me whit some or all the code (i wil pay if i get the complete code)