To build four Arduino based 8-channel Triac switch units. Each unit will have the following functions:
- RS-422 serial uni-directional communication for daisy-chaining from the first unit that communicates with my PC.
- Music control via microphone
- Commanding from PC to set fixtures and scenes
- Autostepping between scenes on time (0.1-10 s)
- PC commanded scene stepping
- Simple walking lights functions (automatic)
- What ever more I'll come up with on the road.
The Triac circuit is simple using optocouplers with built-in triac control and a small Triac to drive up to 5 A loads. I use PAR-30 lamps (75 W) on four stands. I will put six lights on each stand and use the remaining channels to control other stuff like smoke machines etc, but since using a fixture/scene concept like the professional chasers I'll probably be free to setup channels as I want.
More to come... :D