Port not found

I used an Uno and a Yun shield to connect the Uno to the Internet but after doing all the necessary changes that i need to do, even after successfully selecting the board type when i wanted to change the port, it wouldn’t open. It cannot detect any port hence my code cannot be uploaded. I even tried to update firmware but if it can’t detect anything then how can the firmware be updated.

A possible reason according to some people is because the arduino I am using is the later version of the previous where the yun doesn’t support to that of the previous die to an ic or chip that was present on the previous version Unos.

However I wannt to know the legitimacy of that conclusion and a possible solution to detect the port for my code to be uploaded ASAP.

(deleted)

@spycatcher2k, I tried connecting it with 3 different laptops but it doesn't work. And no, nothing shows up in the device manager

Did you try a different USB cable or verify that the USB cable you're using works for data on a different device? You may have a damaged or charge-only cable.

Does it work without the Yun shield on the Uno?

Yes the cable works perfectly on the yun shield/uno.

TANVIR69:
Yes the cable works perfectly on the yun shield/uno.

Do you mean that you tested it on a different device and verified that it works for data (not only for power).

You forgot to answer my other question:

pert:
Does it work without the Yun shield on the Uno?

I tried uploading a code on the uno itself and it shows me the same error it did for the YUN. And the port still can't be selected but the lights of the arduino is on as usual

Error:
Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 928 bytes (2%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "192.168.1.120": The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

(deleted)