Portable power supply for 150 leds [help]

/* Some insight on the project */ Hi, I am trying to power around (give or take) 150 ws2812 LEDs with an arduino uno wired close together in a matrix (depending on how i am powering this, idk if it'll be easier to do serpentine raster wiring or not). I need a portable power supply since I want to carry this display with color changing animations and scrolling text at festivals.

Now, I don't know how I am to power this. It definitely wouldn't go over 6 amps (max) and would probably power it with even less (about 3.6). I wanted to grab a couple power banks (like your typical usb portable cell phone charger you can find on amazon) that give out a couple thousand mAh at 1-2amps but I wouldn't be able to use them all on the one arduino uno board since it only has one usb slot (only there was a way to get around this without buying multiple arduinos)

I have also looked at the 6 x AA and 4x AA battery holders on adafruit. If I did the 6 x AA battery holder, is this 100% safe since it says with rechargeable batteries it outputs 7.5V but says it's okay electronics with a voltage regulator (google says arduino's 5v pin outputs a regulated 5V from the regulator on the board) The 6 x AA battery holder comes with a pin so how would I use like 3 of these to my leds?

The 4 x AA battery holder says it has 4.8V DC for rechargeables (5.2V when fully charged, 4.4V when discharged) so this would work on the arduino uno's 5v pin? I just don't know how to wire more than one battery holder to these led's if this would be the way to go. If anyone is able to do a rough schematic that would be awesome!!

If either of the battery holders work and I ended up wiring like 3 of them to power a couple rows at a time; would I need to power the leds separately than the arduino? How would the schematic look for that?

Please let me know if you need me to expand on anything else but that sums it up as best as I could. Thanks

If you are carrying this around, I think you will want LiPo packs. My LED strips are not addressable like this one. I plug in a 800mAH 11.1v pack and get a half hour of run time before the blue LEDs loose intensity. Then I swap batteries. Does that mean I am pulling roughly 1.6A? How lond do you need this to run? It is easy to run multiple packs in parallel to get longer run time, especially if you are buying new.

Sorry not sure if 2812 is the right one but they are the 5v self addressable ones.

How long do you need this to run?

Well... I will be using this display for a couple of hours a day for 3 days (wanted this display to last the weekend at a music festival). Thats why I wanted to go the battery route if possible because I could just swap em out.

If it were me, I would go with LiPo batteries like they use in RC aircraft. Relatively light. Swappable. Easily stackable to give whatever run time you want.

I use a lot of 3S 2000mAh packs or larger. Here is a Hobby King LiPo that is 3s (11.1v) 3000mAh for under $12

Here is a charger that is cheap and workable for under $13. It would take about 2-3 hours to charge one of the above batteries with this charger. There are other chargers that will charge multiples at once.

Here is a voltage regulator that will turn that 11.1v info 5, 5.5 or 6v at 20A. $14

With my loose math, a 3000mAh 11.1v would provide 6A at 5v for about 2 hours.

If you will have access to electricity for the charger during the day, you can run on just a few batteries with charging as you deplete them. If you only have overnight access to electricity, get enough packs to run the whole day and charge at night. I would want multi-pack charging capability in this case since I usually use night for sleeping rather than changing packs on a single charger. If you have no mains access, buy enough packs for whatever run time you can afford.

Also consider getting voltage checker. This voltage checker costs $3 and displays the voltage and buzzes when you are at the low limit.

Thank you so much for going through the trouble of providing links and expanding on the items you have recommended, this looks good!