Possible broken pin on Diecimila

I suddenly started getting errors when uploading to my Diecimila board after months of using it with no problems. After struggling with the errors for some time, I noticed that one of the pins on one of the chips looks broken. Before I recruit someone to solder the connection for me, I wanted to know if this looks broken to you guys. (Since I can't post a link in my first post, I'll put it in a reply to this post).

Additionally, would that explain the following error: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Cheers, Kat

That's supposed to be like that 8)

Check my tutorial on how to fix up your arduino. Its most likely your hardware..

also i suggest getting the newer Duemilanove, or a new Micro controller compatible with the newer versions of Arduino.

I just tried my boyfriend's old NG, and it's getting the same error. I'm really confused as to how both boards are giving the same error on both laptops.

I don't even know where to begin debugging this.

Are you selecting the correct com port and board in the IDE?

Yup. I’ve tried the FTClean (http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm) utility also. I’m in the process of wiping the drivers.

I know I have bad luck when it comes to breaking things, but two boards on two separate laptops? I think I should get a prize…

So we got the NG running by changing the baud rate of the come port to 19200 in the device manager, but the Diecimila is still having none of it.