Possible conflict from ESP8266 on a shared SPI interface.

HI,
before to start a new project, I need an information.

My project will use two SPI devices: a ESP8266 (NodeMCU ESP-12E) and a RFID card reader, so they will need to share SPI interface (on Arduino Nano or Pro). I known I must use a different SS pin for each device, but other pins will be shared thru devices.

RFID Library will have no problem to share SPI, it manage the SS line (I saw this in .ccp file), putting it low immediately before read or write on SPI bus and put it high as finished. Anyone know if ESP8266 do the same or if it use SPI in exclusive mode?

I’tried to read some ESP8266 library files but I’ve not found SPI reference, so I’m not able to understand it.

Thanks

Carlo

My project will use two SPI devices: a ESP8266 (NodeMCU ESP-12E) and a RFID card reader, so they will need to share SPI interface (on Arduino Nano or Pro). I known I must use a different SS pin for each device, but other pins will be shared thru devices.

What is the Arduino Nano or the Arduino Pro used for in this setup?

Remember: The voltage of the SPI bus must be the same for all devices, otherwise you need level converter and the one for the MISO pin must be tri-state if CS is HIGH.

RFID Library will have no problem to share SPI, it manage the SS line (I saw this in .ccp file), putting it low immediately before read or write on SPI bus and put it high as finished. Anyone know if ESP8266 do the same or if it use SPI in exclusive mode?

I'm still confused. Do you see the ESP8266 as an SPI slave? To my knowledge it's hardware doesn't support SPI slave mode.

Sorry, I've made some confusion. Pls ignore this thread.

My solution will use a Nano to manage sensors and ESP01 to send data over internet. Comunication beetwin boards will be via Serial.

Thanks

Carlo