Possible to receive the data info and program them

Possible to receive the data info and program them onto a real time video screen?

similar to to this video

with all the different flight readings such as airspeed;gps;altitute etc?
First time doing this, need help on how to start.
Thanks in adv

What i have:
AXN Floater
Arduino Mega
Xbee Pro
FPV cam

I'm sorry,I think this post should be at software instead of hardware ><, any kind mod/admin can move my thread pls? thanks

You can't generate a video overlay with the arduino itself. You might be able to get it to feed in data to a hardware video generator but that is a big project unless you can find a ready built one.
probably not worth perusing with an arduino.

You can't generate a video overlay with the arduino itself. You might be able to get it to feed in data to a hardware video generator but that is a big project unless you can find a ready built one.
probably not worth perusing with an arduino.

No?

http://www.viennawireless.org/balloon/hardware/overlay/index.php

Ok; so that was done with an ATMega8 and standard AVR C (not Arduino, specifically) - but it does prove it can be done.

By the way, that link I pulled from this thread:

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1272593798/0

Which discusses the NTSC video out library; there is some discussion in there about overlaying video and how to do it (mostly with external hardware).

:slight_smile:

oh my god,so there is no way to retrieve the flight data from the arduino to my ground station? :frowning:

-Richard
May i know which available device provides such features?

-Mike
Yea,i guessed so. Thanks

btw anyone know what/how that guy in that video make those features?

-Richard
Sorry,do pardon my limited knowledge. Because it's my first time doing this kind of stuff.
What I actually meant was if it's possible to get the flight data and make it the data real-time display on the FPV screen,or separately. As long as the data figure is programmable into simple graphic interface. However from the replies, i know it's impossible.

Do u mind explaining what the Breakout Board for MAX7456 On Screen Display really does? I read the description and only understand that it's able to overlay text/graphic on a video signal ( FPV i suppose). So it's capable of putting the data figures on the FPV video?real time? sorry to trouble u man.