Post info

Lately I've seen a number of instances of missing post information, like so:

forum posts.PNG

What's up with that?

forum posts.PNG

This caused by the long username chosen by TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL Link

Let me take this opportunity to ask him to change to a username that does not cause a problem. I presume the problem is just an accident and TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL is not deliberately trying to disrupt the Forum.

...R

Robin2: This caused by the long username chosen by TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL Link

Ah. Thank you.

Robin2:
This caused by the long username chosen by TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL Link

Let me take this opportunity to ask him to change to a username that does not cause a problem. I presume the problem is just an accident and TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL is not deliberately trying to disrupt the Forum.

…R

How about CircleSquiggleFishhookTrumpet?
It worked for Prince.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL: How about CircleSquiggleFishhookTrumpet? It worked for Prince.

How about just doing something normal that is compatible with the Forum software. You are not Prince.

If I thought you are being deliberately disruptive I would recommend to the Moderators that you be banned. That would be a shame after all the positive contributions you have made under your original name.

...R

They were supposed to have fixed this name thing over a year ago. Clearly NOT.

You have fun with it El-Awol... God only knows you earned it.

@R2.

I wont be pushing any ban button just for a name that does no harm. Will however be asking for the bug to be fixed (again). Maybe you would also like to file a github for it ?

Bob.

Robin2:
You are not Prince.

True, I am a little lot taller than the Purple One, and though I can’t tell one end of a guitar from the other, I am an acknowledged genius in my own field (though my wife refers to it as “our paddock”)

If I thought you are being deliberately disruptive I would recommend to the Moderators that you be banned. That would be a shame after all the positive contributions you have made under your original name.

The username was whimsically (I’m big on whimsey) plucked from the ether (luminiferous or the organic compound) - I had no way of knowing the forum software couldn’t cope.
Either way, I don’t think I can change it now.

ballscrewbob: Maybe you would also like to file a github for it ?

I take the view that if the Arduino developers want to find suggestions for improvements to this website they should read this website. It's a quaint notion called customer service.

Marks and Spencer don't expect me to cross the street to Asda if I have a problem with an M&S product.

...R

Robin2: I take the view that if the Arduino developers want to find suggestions for improvements to this website they should read this website. It's a quaint notion called customer service.

Marks and Spencer don't expect me to cross the street to Asda if I have a problem with an M&S product.

...R

Or maybe they read the GIT more than they do trawling through all the new posts on here as it is specific to an issue and not a random guess where to go.

Do you need a new "CURMUDGEON" badge? :)

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
Do you need a new “CURMUDGEON” badge? :slight_smile:

I don’t see why a request for customer service implies that a person is a curmudgeon.

It would not be difficult for the development team to create a section of the Forum where requests for improvement could be made.

Oh wait - it’s already there - called “Website and Forum”

…R

On that same note M&S would expect you to go to the service desk and not stand outside asking other customers or going to the check out till to get an issue resolved.

GITHUB or other users ?

Bob.

ballscrewbob: On that same note M&S would expect you to go to the service desk and not stand outside asking other customers or going to the check out till to get an issue resolved.

Yes, dear.

...R

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
It worked for Prince.

I miss Prince. An old buddy and I used to go to his shows when he played little dive bars. Good times.

(There is a special place in Hell for purveyors of fentanyl. There should be a special place in prison for them.)

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
The username was whimsically (I’m big on whimsey) plucked from the ether (luminiferous or the organic compound)

Something I truly appreciate.