Posting image inline causes web site to crash?

A couple of times today I have attempted to post this image in line using the img tag, which seemed to immediately crash the server. It displays OK in my browser, though

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/inductor-ind53.gif

It displays with the GIF extension but nothing happens.

Is it a badly named JPG ?

inductor-ind53.jpg

Some poorer sites rename things with the GIF extension to make it harder for people to copy. (poor man's copyright)

inductor-ind53.jpg

Better get rid of the link in the OP’s post.

Why Larry ?

SIte ched out as safe from this side.

Well, some nefarious person might try to attach the said link to a post . . .

Well, some nefarious person might try to attach the said link to a post

Exactly. I was hoping that the site maintainers would take the hint, and use the link to find and fix the problem.

jremington: Exactly. I was hoping that the site maintainers would take the hint, and use the link to find and fix the problem.

Maybe the site owners could be informed about this problem by a moderator.

Or maybe the owners could follow this forum.;)

External site so nothing for me to do there...

Finder of the issue has more input at that site than mods from here.

Bob.

It was owners of this web site who I was referring to.

If something can dump ‘this’ web site, should the people who maintain ‘this’ web site prevent future possible situations?

It doesn't dump the site.

It just wont post the picture and sits there twirling its thumbs cos it knows something is wrong with the picture. I can back out from that here.

In a reply, I just tried to post the link as shown in the OP (using google chrome on iPad).

My access to this thread and to other threads on this web site was frozen for over 5 minutes.

Enough said on this point. :(

Oh those pesky tablet phone things. proper box here LOL.

OK will pass it along for those afflicted by small devices :) :)

Bob.