POT Value to Infrared Code

Hey Guys!

I've been trying to learn as much as I can about this. I kind of understand if I use PPM to send Infrared via POT value. Does anyone here know how I will be able to send a mapped POT value (ex. 0, 1023, 0,15) it will have 15 steps to a coded infrared signal using an the RC5 protocol.

ex. POT value read is mapped to 0111 (4bit) then I will send this to RC5 protocol every 100ms.

I know how to read the POT and create the RC5 protocol (0,1 signal) including the header, ID, sync signals... my only problem is how to I read each of the binary reading from the POT (ex. 0111) to send it serially via infrared.

Im trying to build an infrared IR remote for motors or other stuff like servos etc.

thanks!
Dennis

Look into bit operators:

http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/BitRead

Send me a message if you want me to send you a pcb layout for a 38 khz IR transciever which i use for serial communication at 2400 baud..

First of all, sorry for the slow reply; you can find the eagle files on Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. and some explanations.
Related info can be found written in the .sch eagle file as well. If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them.
It would be great for you to have an oscilloscope to tune the 555.

I hope you and others will find it useful. Thumbs up and keep up the good work ! XD.

Great! Thanks so much!