Potential Bug when updating from Mac OS 10.12.4 to 10.12.5

I've been experiencing issues uploading a sketch to my Arduino 101, and I was wondering if any of you all have experienced this issue and/or may help me troubleshoot.

When attempting to upload a program, I receive the following error message:

Starting download script...
exit status 74
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I attempted to solve this by implementing some suggestions on other threads- namely, pressing the master reset button, trying a different USB port, etc, but was unable to solve the problem. As a last ditch effort, I downloaded the same version of the Arduino IDE for Mac (1.8.3) on a friends computer and tried to run the program. This time, the program worked perfectly.

I combed through both of our settings to make sure our options for the Board and Port matched (they did) and even deleted & re-downloaded the Arduino IDE. I was still unable to get the program to upload on my computer.

The only difference that I could find was that he was using a slightly earlier version of Mac OS (10.12.4) compared to 10.12.5; however, I initially did not have any reason to think that this was an issue, nor have I heard of anyone experiencing a similar issue. I would ask my partner to update his version of Mac OS to see if this is really the issue, but if it turns out to actually be the case, I would no longer be able to upload my program on his computer.

I would really appreciate any troubleshooting suggestions you all might have!