POV Clock Algorithm

I am trying to implement a POV analog clock like this.

I made it, displayed simple text and patterns successfully but when I got further into displaying complex stuff like text and clock hands at the time, things are getting difficult.

For displaying texts only I started from the sensor readings and displayed the patterns for each line/segment in real time, but when it comes to combining text and patterns I though it would be better to manipulate a 2D array to store graphic information and display it's content after that for each rotation. That is causing memory problem in Atmega328. If I divide the whole surface of display by 360 the array size will be 360x10(number of LEDs), which is getting bigger than the SRAM(2048 bytes).

I tried to understand the code from the above link, but it's commented in a different language.

How should I approach the problem?

How should I approach the problem?

If you have a software problem you should be posting in "Programming" Topic. "Project Guidance" is not S/W troubleshooting.

Why 360? Per degree?

There are 10 LEDs along an arm. They sweep 360 degrees...but maybe a resolution of only 5 degrees is what you need.

360/5*10 = 720 bytes.

5 degrees is too big for displaying the clock hands. I need atleast 3 degrees, but that's still consuming a large portion of SRAM.

Jimut:
5 degrees is too big for displaying the clock hands. I need atleast 3 degrees, but that’s still consuming a large portion of SRAM.

Maybe this should be moved to the Programming forum.

It would be helpful to see your code. Please remember to post your code inside code tags.
To get code tags, click on the icon that looks like this: </>

How to move a post? Should I rewrite this in the Programming forum?

Copy the text from your original post and paste it into a new post there, then post "MOVED TO "Programming" here. (on occasion the Global Moderator will move it. You can click on "Report to Moderator" and request that your post be moved).