Power 6 Servos

Hello.I want to control 6 servos and i am wondering if 5V 10A wall wart are enough.I want to control 4x servos MG996R and 2x MG995

Specification MG995

operation voltage: 4.8V

Idle Current: 5mA

Running Current: 350mA

Stall Current: 1500mA

Specification MG996R

Operation Voltage : 4.8 - 7.2 V

Running Current 500 mA - 900 mA (6V)

Stall Current 2.5 A (6V)

You already have this exact same question going on another thread.

You have provided the numbers, and it all depends if which motors can possibly stall together. If they can all stall at once, then the currents add up to 13 so that’s the answer.

JimboZA: You already have this exact same question going on another thread.

You have provided the numbers, and it all depends if which motors can possibly stall together. If they can all stall at once, then the currents add up to 13 so that's the answer.

I know that i have repost but i was comfused.So if i understand correct the 10A is low and i need 13A.Are you telling me this?Thanks in advnace

There is no way to know for sure unless we know the application.

Unless ALL the servos are stalled at once you will probably be under 10 amps. If all servos are stalled then they would use about 11.32 Amps. (2.08 x4) + (1.5 x 2) - (The mg996r stall current is rated at 6 volts and you are only powering it with 5).

It all depends on your application.

alka: There is no way to know for sure unless we know the application.

Unless ALL the servos are stalled at once you will probably be under 10 amps. If all servos are stalled then they would use about 11.32 Amps. (2.08 x4) + (1.5 x 2) - (The mg996r stall current is rated at 6 volts and you are only powering it with 5).

It all depends on your application.

With 5V it will be slower?

Yes, If the speed, and current and torque are all given at 6 volts. With 5v it will be slightly slower, use a little less current and produce less torque.