Power a nano from a power supply.

I would like to power my nano from a 9v wall watt adapter. I tried connecting the vin and gnd pins and while the nano powers, I have external things such as leds and a sensor which do not work correctly I believe this is due to the nano being unable to send enough power to them.
Could someone advise on how to make it work please.
Thanks

monkeymagic:
I would like to power my nano from a 9v wall watt adapter. I tried connecting the vin and gnd pins and while the nano powers, I have external things such as leds and a sensor which do not work correctly I believe this is due to the nano being unable to send enough power to them.
Could someone advise on how to make it work please.
Thanks

Could you post a picture of how you’re connecting sensors/leds? running nano on 9V should be enough to run small things such as leds

What sensor? Don't you think it would be a good idea to tell us what it is? They all draw different current. Either that, or tell us what the current is.

Thanks for the responses. I have managed to get it working now. I had done some less than decent soldering.
Sorry to waste your time. However your responses did reassure me that it should work and the problem may have been elsewhere.
Thanks again

I fancy you will have more problems down the track.

The microcontroller - and other attachments - actually require 5 V and the on-board regulator has limited capacity (due to negligible heatsinking) to provide current.

Better to use a readily available and generally inexpensive USB "Phone charger" to power it at the correct voltage.