Operating Voltage 5V
Input Voltage (recommended) 7-12V
Input Voltage (limits) 6-20V
DC Current per I/O Pin 40 mA

what does :
Input Voltage (recommended mean)
and Input Voltage (limits)

mean?
can i power my arduino with 12V or even 20V and take some to power a connected motor and only the 5V for the arduino?
Otherwise i need two power supplies, one for the transistor (on/off) and one power for the motor

i hope you can help me
thank you!

It means you will probably have problems below 7V (5V rail drooping) or above 12V (regulator overheating)

sutance:
can i power my arduino with 12V or even 20V and take some to power a connected motor and only the 5V for the arduino?
Otherwise i need two power supplies, one for the transistor (on/off) and one power for the motor

i hope you can help me
thank you!

The voltage regulator on arduino board takes a higher voltage input and outputs a constant 5v to the Atmega chip and arduino board circuity.

The manufacturer of the regulator will state a maximum and minimum voltage that the regulator will operate with (6-20v).

The recommended voltage is given based on normal operating conditions and board design choices. When given more than twelve volts the regulator has to dissipate too much power to stay cool. An additional heatsink should be used past 12v. The arduino does not have a heat-sink (except the copper pours in the board) so the arduino team recommends 12v to be safe.

Below 7v there is a possibility of the the voltage to dip below the lower threshold and cause problems.

To answer the second question. Yes ! you can use a single power source for a motor and arduino. Make sure it is a steady stable power supply that can supply enough current for your application. Follow the recommended voltage input limits.