Power Line Communication using TDA5051A Modem IC

I am designing Power Line Communication using TDA5051A Modem IC. The project is to transmit and receive data via power line. I used Arduino uno R3 instead of a microcontroller to connect PC to DATA_IN and DATA_OUT OF A TDA5051A IC. Schematic used is a NXP Semiconductors.

The problem is, I Do not know how to sync data from Arduino to TDA5051A Modem IC,
I am to use serial data transfer. The data I type in an IDE Monitor does show at the Tx and Rx pins of the arduino, hence pin 1 and pin 1 of TDA5051A IC.

Do i still need to write the code to read and write the Tx and Rx pins even though the data is read there?

And I am not sure where to connect pin 15 (PD) of the modem IC. Please help I am New to designing.

Your response is highly appreciated

First you have to understand the two main chips on the Uno board.

The ATMega328p is the main chip which runs the Arduino sketches.

The ATMega16u2 is the USB interface. It takes the USB data from the PC and sends it to the 328's Rx pin. It also takes the data from the 328's Tx pin and sends it to the PC on USB.

So yes you can use the Uno board as a simple USB-to-serial converter by uploading a simple sketch which doesn't use Tx or Rx. (Blink is good.)

Thanks MorganS for responding, and giving me a direction.

I Do not have a code but I am working on it. Many thanks.

The modem chip is kind of a line driver. If you connect two stations by a pair of such drivers, the state of the DATA_IN pin is reflected in the state of the DATA_OUT pin of the other station. For software tests you can connect both stations by wires, omitting the line drivers. This is true for all (full duplex) line drivers, like for RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 or simple (dumb) wireless modules.

For a point-to-point connection a UART (Serial port) can be used, with SoftwareSerial on an Uno board, or with one of the additional Serial1 etc. ports of a Mega. This is what you should test first, to verify correct function of your power line interface.

For use in a network instead special protocols have to be implemented, on top of the bare bit transmission, which handle the addressing of specific nodes, bus arbitration, data packaging, error detection and correction, and more. This is the domain of Ethernet Bluetooth, CAN etc. network protocols and firmware.