power meter

hi
I am after making a power meter similar to kendin yap on youtube have not the foggist of how to start programming for this add on when I get the components I want to make the meter but using a tft lcd screen , he used a 0.89 screen so I can add the time ,date as well as amps/watthrs/watts and volts ,I would like to monitor watts and keep a running total of the highest number ,I am linking to wind turbine and want to know the highest wattage the turbine has done and then using hc-05 to send dats by Bluetooth to phone ,I have an idea what I want to do just do not know how to start,first ever project any help / tips the way forward would be good
regards
colin

So, you want to know how to run a marathon before you know how to crawl?

hi
looks like it ,if you gonna go for it just do it, will be a learning curve that's for sure,plenty of reading and trying out different sensors ect
colin

cfinch:
I have an idea what I want to do just do not know how to start,first ever project any help / tips the way forward would be good

Get an Arduino, learn how to blink LEDs, read switches etc.

How to read voltages of batteries etc.

Get a display, learn how to install the libary for it and write your own messages to the display.

It really is a very good idea to start at the beginning …

hi
got that far already its the rest im struggling with thought id try a project and try and improve it
colin

cfinch:
hi
got that far already its the rest im struggling with thought id try a project and try and improve it
colin

Well then, you probably need to list the specific parts you are struggling with, and what you have done so far to address the issues. This forum has a search function you might use first to get some background information on the parts of your project.

rephrasing slightly:

you want to do a number of individual things

then combine them

learning how to do individual things is one skill

each individual thing is another skill

combining things is a skill

so learn how to measure amps and volts

learn how to make your display work

combine them

on and on until you get to your goal