power NANO 33 BLE sense with 3.3V

Hi

I just want to know can you use 3.3v from other board to power NANO 33 from the bottom side pin1

Base on my search I didn’t see anyone talk about it

ble33.png

Apparently you can, but it will not be easy to do.
In order to avoid misunderstanding:
That pin number 1 is really the very small dot in the rectangle on the underside drawing on page 2 of the pdf and not the side connection which is called VIN on page 1. The very small dot is electrically connected to the the side connection marked +3V3 on page 1. It will be a lot easier to use that connection instead. If you do so, follow the advice to cut the solder jumper marked (i) in the drawing. This will disconnect the MPM3610 voltage regulator from the 3.3 circuit. From that moment on you can't use the VIN or the USB anymore to power the board.

Hello,
I wasted a day looking for this information only to find in one forum post where the guy refers to the original Arduino Nano 33 Ble Sense packaging Box:
On the back of the box, you have a table, and in the Voltages section is says 4,5 - 21V Input Vin.
I guess that's all the information we need since I tried powering it from a breadboard power supply with 3.3V and nothing happened. The leds where still off and I thought my board got broken after soldering some pins. Checked all pins for shorts and nothing.

I changed the jumper from the breadboard power source to output 5V now and it worked like a charm via Vin. I didn't cut anything.

Not what the OP asked.

If you use pin 15 (VIN) the voltage should be 4.5 - 21V. This is pretty safe as it uses the onboard voltage regulator.

If 3.3V is available only, or you want to make a low power battery setup, the voltage regulator must be disconnected by cutting solder jumper (SJ4) and the external power connected to pin 2 (3.3V), which is normally an output.

The open solder jumper (SJ1) was added for safety reasons. If you exchange an old 5V nano board with this one you might blow up the inputs as they are not 5V tolerant. This encourages you to redesign the setup to use the 3.3V output pin 2 instead.

By default the 5V output (pin 12) is not connected. If 5V is needed to power other devices, you can draw it directly from the USB by resoldering SJ1. Evenso this pin is still not connected to the rest of the board, so without USB it will not produce any voltage.

femmeverbeek:
Apparently you can, but it will not be easy to do.
In order to avoid misunderstanding:
That pin number 1 is really the very small dot in the rectangle on the underside drawing on page 2 of the pdf and not the side connection which is called VIN on page 1. The very small dot is electrically connected to the the side connection marked +3V3 on page 1. It will be a lot easier to use that connection instead. If you do so, follow the advice to cut the solder jumper marked (i) in the drawing. This will disconnect the MPM3610 voltage regulator from the 3.3 circuit. From that moment on you can’t use the VIN or the USB anymore to power the board.

yeah, it’s the small dot on the pinoutPDF 2nd page

on the pdf they show it like other voltage input pin have an arrow goes into the board rather than 3.3v and 5v v output the arrow is pointing out the board

that’s why I guess that pin can be used as 3.3v vin

I agree, it's confusing.

Nice hypercube btw.