Power Nano IoT with a Lipo

Hi everyone,

I am a product designer and I am new in arduino project :confused:

I am making a weareble and I was thinking of using a nano 33 iot cause of the bluethoot and the wifi. Do any one know if I can concet a Lipo batery to the arduino? I mean the only ones I found are from 3.7 V and the arduino is from 3.3V so.... I think is not possible. I need a small batery, that way it can fit on the weareble, does any one have any solution?

Thanks!!

Use MKR 1010. the only difference is the circuit for battery

Thanks, it could be an option if There is no other solution but this one is a bigger so it could be a problem for the design....

ChiaraGiulia:
Thanks, it could be an option if There is no other solution but this one is a bigger so it could be a problem for the design....

then use the ESP32 only

Juraj:
then use the ESP32 only

But I have the same problem than with the arduino nano no? I mean it is also a 3.3V so I can not conect a batery lipo 3.7V, or I am wrong?

Thanks!

ChiaraGiulia:
But I have the same problem than with the arduino nano no? I mean it is also a 3.3V so I can not conect a batery lipo 3.7V, or I am wrong?

Thanks!

yes but it is even smaller and consumes less power

Juraj:
yes but it is even smaller and consumes less power

Okey, thank you for answering!!

Hi there, whilst I have very limited experience of the Nano 33 IoT, I have used LiFePO4 for direct powering of ESP8266 remote units with great success.
You could have a look at #65 How to use Lifepo4 Batteries (Tutorial) - YouTube
This is by Andreas Spiess and gives a good description of the LiFePo4 battery.
This might be worth looking at for your wearable project.

Hi, you can connect a Lipo battery through the Vin pin of the nano 33 IoT.