power :s

Hi all, I bought the Arduino Leonardo. 11.1v 1350 mAh to hooked. Burned. If I get the Arduino Uno when I plug 8v 1350 mAh, will you? Thank you

Cannot understand that.

I bought the Arduino Leonardo. and i connected Arduino Leonardo to 11.1v 1350 mAh battery but arduino burned.

If I connect 8v 1350 mAh to arduino uno, will arduino uno burn again? or do i have to use law battery?

If I connect 8v 1350 mAh to arduino uno, will arduino uno burn again? or do i have to use law battery?

The arduino can work fine on 11 or 12V. The recommended power into the barrel connector is 7-12V. (See [u]this page[/u].)

With nothing else connected, the Arduino will "draw" less than 1/2 amp. (I forget exactly, but I think less than 1/4 Amp.) The mAhr rating on the battery is what it can supply, not what it will supply.

Did you connect anything else to the Arduino? Motors? Etc.?

An 11V battery would indeed cause damage if connected to the wrong place, but you haven't said how you connected it. LiPo batteries have extremely high current capability so that if you see a short-circuit they will usually vaporise or melt the short circuit.

If you connected a LiPo to the barrel connector thinking that you could then get high currents out of the 5V pin, then you are wrong - the voltage regulator on board is not up to high currents, and will overheat (hopefully just shutting down).