Power supply design

Dear all

I am looking for 2 power supply design. let me know is there any supporting IC available .

1)Power supply : 24 VAC out put 12V DC 500mA / 5V 500mA

1. Power supply: Input 24-48 VAC/DC with 12V DC output 500mA /5V 500mA

here i would like use 7805/7812 regulator to get output.

I have seen https://www.rhydolabz.com/miscellan...-dcdc-buck-converter-power-supply-p-2310.html

LM2596 design but its DC-DC converter with Adjustable output. Is any design avilable which give above specification,

Is there any ready use module available.

There is plenty of stuff available , have you googled your specifications ?

Do you want complete power supplies or parts - wondered why you were specific about 78 series regulators ?

I need complete design. It must be low cost. if it gives 12V 500mA more than enough, so output i can use for 7805 output.

i have seen lm2596 which best suit my application but it has only DC input . I need AC/DC input wide range which gives 12V output 1A(prefered)

I'm not sure about IC, I don't know a single thing about power semiconductor technology, but I do know there's converter modules out there, like this one that's usually used for CCTV purposes:

or, you can just make one with transformer, full bridge rectifier, couple of caps and a handful of voltage regulators, but I'm not sure whether you can get a 24VAC transformer.

1)Power supply : 24 VAC out put 12V DC 500mA / 5V 500mA

1. Power supply: Input 24-48 VAC/DC with 12V DC output 500mA /5V 500mA

Firstly you dont need (or cant use) transformers. However they WILL be inefficient and need cooling.

1: 24V ac FW rectified and smoothed will give you around 30V DC. Keep the smoothing cap small and the average voltage will be less.

Your 7812 will take 30V and I'd suggest you drive the 7805 from that 5V supply.

2: 48V AC HALF WAVE rectified and smoothed will give you around 60V. 48V DC is still too much for the regulators.

You CAN drop it like this

Simplest circuit: RS1 to provide your 12V, then again feed the 7805 from that.

but you have 1A at 48V in which is 48 watts, and 12V 0.5A + 5V 0.5A = 8.5 watts out

so its only 16% efficient and you have 40 watts of heat to get rid of. You will need a decent heat sink!

On my site here you will find all the info you need