Power supply for Servos

If I make a power pack using 4x1.25 volt NiMH batteries, would this be enough to power 11 servos that are operating at the same time? Or should I go a little higher voltage due to voltage drop over the load? Thanks for the help.

Chaoticorg:
If I make a power pack using 4x1.25 volt NiMH batteries, would this be enough to power 11 servos that are operating at the same time? Or should I go a little higher voltage due to voltage drop over the load? Thanks for the help.

That is not a good enough power source. The voltage is OK and correct for any number of servos, but the current capacity is too small to supply enough current for that many servos. The amount of current you require depends on the exact model of servo and how much mechanical load they are manipulating. A rule of thump is one amp per servo but you might be able to get by with half that again depending on the load on the servos.

6V SLA seems more appropriate.

Without knowing what these servos are doing (controlling) it would be pretty pointless in recommending a power source.

If weight (mobility) was a factor SLA would be out of the question. LiPos for weight control.

If stationery then a power supply (A.C.) but then the OP was a little vague on what 11 servos will be doing.

NiMH batteries do come in other sizes to provide the needed oomph.

Have a look at: Servo Driver and Arduino with One Power Source - #11 by system - Motors, Mechanics, Power and CNC - Arduino Forum