Power Supply Question

I am going to be running three nema 17 steppers each one with an easydriver. My question is what is the best way to power these steppers and drivers. The required amps is . 80 to 1.5 amps per stepper. Do I have to use three separate power supplies? What is the best way to approach this? I want to input each easydriver with 12 volts but not sure if I can power them all with one power supply or have to keep each separate. What I mean is using like a power supply that is 12 volts and 4.5 amps to power them all. Just looking for the most efficient way to accomplish this power source.

Two of the steppers will be running on a progam from one uno and the other will run on a program on a separate uno.

12V 4.5A should be perfect.

Why two Arduinos? With one power supply they must both be connected to the same ground.

Honestly as an Arduino beginner I am using to uno boards to control the processes of two different programs. I am building an archade style claw machine and have two joystick controlled steppers for the x,y axis and another stepper that is potentiometer and momentary switch controlled for the crane claw. I have yet to figure out how to combine these two programs into one and thus using one uno. That is of course the correct way to do this but I have yet to learn the technique of combining all my programming into one program.

Any help with how I go about getting this accomplished would be very helpful. I come from a world of G code and cnc machines and this is out of my knowledge base. But with enough study I will get this done in time. Thank you for your reply and appreciate any info you might share.

MysteryX:
I am going to be running three nema 17 steppers each one with an easydriver. My question is what is the best way to power these steppers and drivers. The required amps is . 80 to 1.5 amps per stepper. Do I have to use three separate power supplies? What is the best way to approach this? I want to input each easydriver with 12 volts but not sure if I can power them all with one power supply or have to keep each separate. What I mean is using like a power supply that is 12 volts and 4.5 amps to power them all. Just looking for the most efficient way to accomplish this power source.

Two of the steppers will be running on a progam from one uno and the other will run on a program on a separate uno.

The current from the supply is not the same as the current to the motors, stepper driver chips do
power conversion (like buck regulators) - its better to figure things out using power, not current.

Most NEMA17 sized steppers need about 5W electrical power for light duty, and allowing for 70% efficiency
of stepper-driver chip, that's about 7W per motor, so I'd suggest 12V 3A is probably plenty. However the
speed of steppers is limited by the supply voltage, so 24V 1.5A might be better for you, call it 2A for
good luck.

You can always measure the supply current for when driving one motor and multiply by three - the current will
vary somewhat with speed and load.