Power supply

This is my first Arduino project that is not in the starter projects book.

I have a 9V DC 1A barrel plug power supply and a 5V DC 0.30A fan that I want to program using the Arduino. I will also have things like the Arduino environmental monitor bundle (MKR Wifi 1010 and MKR ENV Shield) and some other little parts connected to the Arduino for this project (not sure what will be required… little things like resistors, transistors, etc?). Is the 9V barrel plug power supply enough to effectively power the fan and the other small things connected to the Arduino or do I need a higher power supply? I am trying to keep the power supply minimal and easy since the only outside power supply I have worked with is a 9V battery for one of the starter projects. Would I need to use the USB plug to connect it to a computer and the barrel plug or would that be too much for the Arduino?

Thanks!

How are you converting your 9V to the 5V required by the fan? the MKR Wifi 1010 does not have a voltage regulator either and can only go up to 5V

Try to forget that the barrel connector exists. It is not useful for any practical purpose in the real world. All of your 5V components, including the Arduino, should be fed from a good quality 5V power supply. So far you seem to need under half an Amp, so many 'phone chargers etc may be good enough. Otherwise, just treat yourself to a 5V 2A wall wart and be happy.

AJLElectronics:
Try to forget that the barrel connector exists. It is not useful for any practical purpose in the real world. All of your 5V components, including the Arduino, should be fed from a good quality 5V power supply.

Ah! A soul mate! +1!