Power up sequencing question

I have a sensor that needs two 3.3V inputs, one to be powered >10ms after the other one, they can be powered down at the same time. I'm trying to figure out the best and simplest way to do this, interfacing to an Arduino, hopefully using the regulated 3.3v output.

Would a mosfet be the easiest way to control power timing? If so, can you provide a quick description of the layout?

Johnny

Why the mystery? What sensor?

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum". OR http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

I had the same situation with an IMU, it had 3.3V logic supply and 3.3 - 5V interface supply to negate the use of level shifting.

The unit I had, the delayed supply was only 8mA I think, so I was able to power it off a digital output that was software controlled.

But as mentioned in a previous post we need a link to specs/data of the sensor.

Tom... :)

See attached pictures from datasheet

Hi, What is the sensor? Make/Model?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Why not use two GPIO pins, each driving a logic-level MOSFET to turn on Vdd and Vld in sequence? Then you control it in software.

johnnymart1:
I have a sensor that needs two 3.3V inputs, one to be powered >10ms after the other one, they can be powered down at the same time.

Does this proviso apply?