powering a set of motors, with some sort of voltage control

Curious question regarding power supply for motors. So I have two 3v motors and I want to power them and control them using an H-Bridge set up of sorts. Maybe I'm not looking at this right but I think I would need 6v to power these motors. Is there a way I can have a power separate power supply and have the Arudino control it? I tried looking this up, but I think my approach is prob not the best.

Post links to the data sheets (or web pages) for the motors and H-bridge.

If your motors are 3V why would you need a 6V supply?

The H bridge is the thing that lets Arduino control the motors from a separate power supply. That's what an H bridge does. Just make sure the grounds are connected.

domtropen:
Curious question regarding power supply for motors. So I have two 3v motors and I want to power them and control them using an H-Bridge set up of sorts. Maybe I'm not looking at this right but I think I would need 6v to power these motors. Is there a way I can have a power separate power supply and have the Arudino control it? I tried looking this up, but I think my approach is prob not the best.

Those types of small motors are fairly common in small bots, so you should be able to find lots of info. If you use an H-bridge like the L298N based ones, you may need 6v as there may be a couple of volts drop across this type of H-bridge.

The Pololu DRV8833 dual h-bridge works nicely with low voltage motors. I think there is also a single version. The only downside is that it needs two Arduino PWM outputs for each motor if you want forward and reverse. I guess you could run it with a single PWM per motor with some external circuitry.

...R