Powering ARDUINOBT

Maybe this question had already been answered here, but I couldn't find it... =/

Here it is... which is the best tension for the ARDUINOBT to work? I've read that it supports from 1,2V to 5,5V, but I couldn't find which one is better. Or there isn't one better?

Thanks for the help

I'm here to ask the same question. A very specific answer would be great. I just received my ArduinoBT to replace my USB Arduino but don't know how to power it.

U need a regulated 5v supply, I've got a blown up BT to prove it.

What were you powering it with?

What were you powering it with?

an expensive little dc/dc 18-24v - 5v 600mA regulator module... that I accidentally bypassed, so the BT got 24 volts and it blew up, literally - sparks and smoke a foot high.

The second unit I didn't touch until I'd had some sleep.

Before I got the BT(s) I asked the same questions (as these guys). The responses were different depending on who replied.

The general consensus was that anything over 5.5v was asking for trouble, but I could only locally source a 5v. I think (I'm working with Firefly's at the moment) the BT can take less, like a 3.7V / 860mAh pol li ion perhaps (the Firefly's work fine on them), and has its own dc-dc 1.2v - 5.5v regulator built in.

Here's the BT page for anyone that hasn't already found it:-

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardBluetooth

BT newbies avoid using pin7, it's connected to the reset pin of the BT module (made that mistake too lol)

Here's the pol li ion sold by sparkfun:-

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=341

It might pay to double check the datasheet on the BT page.

Thanks for the help. I'll try to make it works. =)

First of all I'd like to know if I can use a computer power supply on my ARDUINOBT, or is it better to use a common 12V supply with a tension regulator?

Another thing is that I'm a bit confused of what is the function of some POWER pins in my BT board. Besides the V+ and GND pins, there are also 4 pins named POWER (near the "Analog in" pins) that are: (5V GND GND 9V); what are these POWER pins for?

Thanks for the help...

In case you want to use those power levels on a breadboard or elsewhere. GND is ground, 5V is the regulated 5V supply being used on the board, and 9V (which is misleadingly labelled) is the input voltage being supplied to the board.

Another doubt comes now... what would happens if the power supply to the arduinoBT is lower than 5V?

The Arduino would still give that tension (5V and 9V) to the POWER pins? (I'll also try to discover!!)

I guess I was not SO confusing (or wrong in any analysis).... =p

Anyway... thanks for the help