Powering OSEPP TB6612

Hi all,
Newbie here. I have an OSEPP TB6612 (TBSHD-01) motor shield which I am trying to power. I cannot use power from UNO R3 given voltage requirements for project (Model N railroad). I am struggling to determine the type of coupling required for power. I am attaching two photos. I reached out to OSEPP support as well and did not see anything on their site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Steve

connector.jpg

top of board.jpg

connector.jpg

top of board.jpg

Here is their schematic.

It shows the board inputs - motor direction control and PWM (speed) control. These are all driven by the Arduino. Connector P1 pin 1 connects to Arduino pin for Motor 1 direction control, Pin 2 for PWM (Motor 1) control. Connector P2 does the same for Motor 2.

The power for the motors comes onto the board at pin 4 of connector P3 (which has a 25vdc capacitor, so is probably expecting a motor drive voltage of 12 vdc) which is internally connected to the driver IC U1, VM input.

So, in short, connect your Arduino ground to the driver ground, and the 4 Arduino pins to the direction and PWM inputs, Then connect 5v to P3 pin 1, 12v (or other motor supply) to P3 pin 4, and ground to P3 pins 2 & 3.

Steve,
Thanks for the info. I will be first to tell you, I am not schematic savvy by any means. However, one thing I realized after reading your post, is the schematic on their site is not for the model I have. Granted it is TB6612, but the model (or revision) I have is TBSHD-01, the one in the schematic is TBMTD-01. I then remembered the package had a schematic on the back (below). The folks from OESPP got back to me as well and indicated that I simply need use DC power supply to the Arduino or 9V battery. Obviously, not the latter for my application. I was hung up on the Arduino 5V limit and I now realize that is output only. Input can be higher. I think I might be ok.

Any idea about the motor connector types?

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

IMG_4928.jpg