Powering the HC-SR07 Ultrasonic Sensor

I've been working on a project that uses the HC-SR07 Ultrasonic Sensor. Can anyone inform me any other ways of powering the sensor rather than powering it from the arduino as in my project the sensor and arduino are around a metre's length apart and I don't want many cables running through the sensor to the arduino

SiddakB:
I've been working on a project that uses the HC-SR07 Ultrasonic Sensor. Can anyone inform me any other ways of powering the sensor rather than powering it from the arduino as in my project the sensor and arduino are around a metre's length apart and I don't want many cables running through the sensor to the arduino

I've never heard of a HC-SR07 ultrasonic sensor. Do you mean HC-SR04 maybe?

You can power one of those from any 5V supply, as long as you connect the ground of that supply to the Arduino ground. That still requires three wires, vs four wires to run the sensor from the Arduino supply. Not much difference.

Whichever way you go, you'll probably want to put a capacitor across the supply pins of the sensor. And I'm not sure how well it will work with a 1 metre cable anyway. One way to find out.....