Powering two Unos

Is there any way to share the power of a 9V wall wort plugged into one Arduino with another via a pin setup?

davermacleod:
Is there any way to share the power of a 9V wall wort plugged into one Arduino with another via a pin setup?

All depends. You have given no information to help in answering your question.

Paul

Certainly, you can connect “Vin” and ground together on the two and you will be sharing the power.

Always the questions are - why would you be wanting to use two Arduinos together, why would you be using UNOs instead of the more practical Nanos, and why would you be using a 9V power supply when they actually operate on 5 V?

Perhaps we would need to look at your first question thread to determine why you are doing everything “the hard way”.

The two uno’s have nothing to do with each other just to share power. The VIN and GND work great. Thanks for the answer!

davermacleod:
The two uno’s have nothing to do with each other just to share power. The VIN and GND work great.

I would hope so, but you still did not answer the question as to why you need two UNOs when most likely one would be able to do both tasks at the same time. :grinning:

We can't force you to do something you do not want to of course. :roll_eyes:

The answer is yes assuming the wall wart has enough power. Simply connect Ground to Ground and Vin to Vin. I typically connect many together through the barrel jack and have had no problems. This gives me some isolation on + supply incase something zaps on one of the boards, I am controlling power at more then 12 Volts. Per the schematic the barrel jack + is connected to VIN in front of the protection diode.
Good Luck, Have Fun! Gil