Powering UNO with 5v 10A DC wall wart through a breadboard

So i'm working on a little LED project with the UNO. I was wondering if i could wire the power supply (5v--10A DC) directly to the breadboard power/ground rails, and then also wire the UNO's GRD/5V pin to the breadboard's same power/ground rail instead of running the 5v/GRD pins back to the power supply itself. Would this fuck my arudino up?

No problem... Assuming the 5V power supply is regulated, and not exceeding 5V. (Most modern power supplies are regulated so you should be OK... If you have a multimeter, measure it!)

The voltage is "always there", but current (Amps) only flows when you connect something, and the current depends on the load.* So your Arduino will draw less than 1A. The 10A rating is the maximum and you shouldn't try to power anything that needs more than 10A.

...A 12V car battery is capable of delivering hundreds of Amps, but if you connect-up an LED with an appropriate resistor that limits the current to 20 milliamps, you'll get 20 milliamps. (If you don't use a resistor you'll fry the LED, but that's another story.) If you plug connect a 1OOW light bulb into a power outlet in you house, you'll draw a little less than 1A (assuming you're in the U.S. with 120VAC) and if you connect a toaster you'll draw about 15 Amps.... If you connect a toaster and a hair dryer at the same time, you'll draw too much current and blow a circuit breaker.

• [u]Ohm's Law[/u] says Current = Voltage/Resistance. We usually don't know the resistance of the Arduino, and it can change depending on how much "stuff" is connected, or if LEDs are on or off, etc., but it is the resistance of the load that determines current (assuming constant voltage).

I'm new to this so this is extremely helpful, thanks a bunch

Also, if I put in a 100uF/50V capacitor in my power supply when 1000uF/6.3V is recommended would it also fuck shit up?

As you go forward you may want to look at limiting the current on breadboard projects. Poly Switch resettable fuses are available cheap if you don't want to go with a regulated power supply. You can also add them to branches of circuits as you test them. Remember, you have 10 amps available if you do something wrong. Just something to think about as you go forward. Always consider the voltage and amperage of a circuit. If you don't have the time to think about that then you didn't have the time to think the circuit through anyhow. ;)

Also remember this forum encourages participation of young people so language counts.

My bad, I'll keep that in mind

I have never seen a 10A wall wart. Can you link to a product page or pic?