Powering Up Arduino and Led Strips From Different Power Output

I am new to making arduino project. I tried programing normal RGB led strip synced with music using Arduino and it was a success. But now I have another Digital LED strip (12v, Din and GND pins). I want to use the Digital LED with my previous setup. Is it possible to power up Digital LED with different 12v power source and connect Din to the PWM (no ~6 pin to program Digital LED) while having another 12v connected to the arduino at the same time to power up those Normal RGB led strip?

Normal LED strips is powered up using MOSFETs and Vln point to +ve of the normal leds.

Is it possible to power up Digital LED with different 12v power source and connect Din to the PWM

You can wire it up like this but unfortunately it will not work.

However if you feed the Din with any digital output using a series resistor and capacitor on the strip, like what you will see recommended everywhere, then you can use the same power supply to power both strips providing your power supply is capable of supplying the required amount of current.

Ok. Thanks. Will try this. But is it possible to use both of the 12v source? One for arduino and another of my Digital Led strip? Then Din pin connected to the PWM of arduino via 470ohm resistor?

But is it possible to use both of the 12v source?

Yes don't forget to connect the grounds together.
But all the LED strips and the Arduino can use one power supply, their is no need to use two.

Then Din pin connected to the PWM of arduino via 470ohm resistor?

No, not a PWM pin, you can use a PWM capable pin but you will not be using PWM. You will be using an appropriate libiary like the Adafruit or the FastLED libiary, PWM will NOT work with an LED strip with a Din pin.

Grumpy_Mike:
Yes don't forget to connect the grounds together.

Will connect the 12v power to Digital Led and 12v power GND to Arduino GND.
I am working on FastLed to use number ~6 pwn pin to send data to the LED synced with music.

I am working on FastLed to use number ~6 pwn pin

When you are in electronics it is vital that you use the right words and don’t make up your own. You just need to say pin 6, there is no need to say the ~ which indicates a PWM capable pin and there is no need to call it a PWM pin. That just causes confusion and makes it look like you don’t know what you are talking about, which is in fact the case at the moment. So don’t do it.

Grumpy_Mike:
When you are in electronics it is vital that you use the right words and don’t make up your own. You just need to say pin 6, there is no need to say the ~ which indicates a PWM capable pin and there is no need to call it a PWM pin. That just causes confusion and makes it look like you don’t know what you are talking about, which is in fact the case at the moment. So don’t do it.

You are right, I don't know anything about electronics, I am a chemistry student. But I like to do projects, somewhere I saw "Music synced Led Strip", from there I came to know about Arduino. So I tried. And it was a success at first attempt, now trying to do something more to the same project.

To power the Arduino from 12 V, you will want a 5 V regulator module - preferably a switchmode “buck” converter.