Pozyx Tag + Arduino + Bluetooth module cant power up

Hi, im doing a project where im integrating a pozyx tag with arduino/pozyx mcu and bluetooth hc-05/06. i realise that when I connect it with a power bank on either the usb(yellow circle) or jack barral(pinkish red circle), both can power it up but connecting thru the usb seems to light up the leds on pozyx tag but when its connected on the jack barral, only the bluetooth and mcu lights up while pozyx only light up on 1 led but very dim. the initial idea was to connect via Vin and GND on the Arduino pins on the power side of the mcu but it gave the same result as when connected to jack barral. please help me :frowning:

Both the barrel jack and the USB feed the 5V pin on the power header. USB directly (thru a resettable fuse). The barrel jack voltage goes thru a diode and voltage regulator, so you can't feed 5V into the barrel jack and expect to see 5V at the power header pin; you need to feed the barrel with ~7.5V.

CrossRoads:
Both the barrel jack and the USB feed the 5V pin on the power header. USB directly (thru a resettable fuse). The barrel jack voltage goes thru a diode and voltage regulator, so you can't feed 5V into the barrel jack and expect to see 5V at the power header pin; you need to feed the barrel with ~7.5V.

@crossroads how to feed the barrel with 7.5V? as we are using a powerbank to power it

You can feed the powerbank into the 5V pin on the power header.
You can modify your board to add a jumper from the output of the barrel jack direct to the power header pin.

(or, feed the powerbank into a boost regulator to feed the barrel jack, but that's just wasting power)

CrossRoads:
You can feed the powerbank into the 5V pin on the power header.
You can modify your board to add a jumper from the output of the barrel jack direct to the power header pin.

(or, feed the powerbank into a boost regulator to feed the barrel jack, but that's just wasting power)

@crossroads ok thks!. Another amateur question but how do I check the power consumption of the Arduino + pozyx tag + Bluetooth module when using a 9V battery? i used a 9V battery but im not sure how long it can last in operational usage. i know when we can use a multimeter to check but i dunno where to begin

Yes, use a multimeter.

Set it to current, and wire it in series with the Arduino so the current flows from the battery through the Arduino and the voltmeter. I’m sure a quick Google search will turn up lots of tutorials with images or videos on how this works.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.