Practice Resource?

Is anyone out there aware of a structured practice resource following the methods Robin2 outlined in Planning and Implementing an Arduino Program back in 2014? It seems to be a useful way of creating the bones of a project and then filling in the details...at least it has worked for me to some extent.

In the past 2 years I have found that I can actually write a few programs from scratch using those methods, but have also found that I am not capable enough yet to create a major project from the little practice and knowledge I have. So I thought if there was a text book or other format that walks through a building process for a larger project, I would give it some time to try to improve my abilities. Though it would be nice if it were Arduino centric, I am quite sure that anything C or C++ would give me enough background to transfer the methods to the Arduino environment.

One thing I have learned for sure in the past 3 years of Arduino on some weekends, is that I really don't know squat about programming!

TIA, -fab

work thru the arduino reference first understand there are many arduino books online also go to code.org web site thats the best place to start

fabelizer: In the past 2 years I have found that I can actually write a few programs from scratch using those methods, but have also found that I am not capable enough yet to create a major project from the little practice and knowledge I have.

Thank you for your kind words.

I confess I am not clear what sort of project you are having difficulty with or what exactly is the difficulty.

In my own mind a project consists of a collection of parts and I had hoped that my Planning and Implementing a Program illustrated that reasonably well.

I expect that the design of a more complex project requires breaking it down into its constituent elements in a similar manner - but I can't imagine how a general book or tutorial could explain how to do that for a specific project. Monitoring a milking parlour (for cows) is a little different from controlling a balancing robot. (Both have appeared on the Forum).

However, having identified the constituent parts there is also a need to know (or learn) the programming techniques needed to implement a specific feature. And to my mind the Forum can be one of the resources to help with that - for example "How do I communicate by wireless between X and Y"

...R