Precisional position monitoring of the Car

Hello everyone.

Namaste from India.

I would like to know about the Arduino module which I can use to precisely track the position of my car. I am using the Intel Galileo for this application. I want precision in the decimeter or centimetre range with which the position of the car can be monitored.

I would like to know the latitudinal and longitudinal coordinates of the car with lesser accuracy. My main aim is to track the curves taken by the car and the path followed by the car relative to the original position.

Is there any module that can be used in complement to the GPRS/GPS module to track with the accuracy required?

Regards.

cheap GPS units listen to one frequency only. => within 5m correct.
To get better u need a GPS that listen to both frequencies. .. and add data from reference point as well.
(very) expensive

I came to know that Inertial Navigation systems can be used along with GPS to get more accuracy rather than using two GPS systems and try to interpolate.

I have decided to use the INS along with the GPS to get the accurate position of the vehicle. I need to do adequate signal processing in my Intel Galileo and get the accurate corrected positioning.

How do I interface my INS with my Intel Galileo. It would be preferrable to use some Arduino modules. Do you know any good arduino modules for that?

The INS should consist of Motion sensors (Accelerometers) and Rotation sensors (Gyroscopes) to get relative information.

Quite a task you'll start..
You will need heavy sensor traffic and computing power. I'd never try this, as I suspect I wouldn't succeed.
Sorry, I cant advice you, but i think the 8bits arduino isnt up to the task. Look to the Due

Yes, That's true.

The 8-bit Arduino cant handle it. It neither has the space and neither does it have the processing power.

That's why I am using Intel Galileo.

I have decided to use the INS along with the GPS to get the accurate position of the vehicle.

Consumer grade accelerometers and rate gyros are at present too noisy and inaccurate to be of much use in an INS. Here is a clear explanation: http://www.chrobotics.com/library/accel-position-velocity