Presentation of LEDclock + impossible to compile

Hello everybody!

A year ago, I started this project (a homemade clock made with addressable LED strip) : https://github.com/Waryard1/LEDclock

I finished coding a alpha version but I got this error :

Arduino : 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Carte : "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

ATTENTION : La catégorie 'LED' dans la bibliothèque CHT16K33 LED Matrix Library n'est pas valide. Définition sur : 'Uncategorized'
ATTENTION : La catégorie 'Input' dans la bibliothèque MechInputs n'est pas valide. Définition sur : 'Uncategorized'
ATTENTION : La catégorie 'Input' dans la bibliothèque SerialSensors n'est pas valide. Définition sur : 'Uncategorized'
In file included from D:\Dropbox\Scripts\Projets\LED_Clock\LEDclock\LEDclock.ino:3:0:

C:\Users\Adrien\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED-3.2.1/FastLED.h:14:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.002.001

#    pragma message "FastLED version 3.002.001"

^

lto1.exe: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

libbacktrace could not find executable to open

Please submit a full bug report,

with preprocessed source if appropriate.

See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

lto-wrapper: C:\Users\Adrien\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

c:/users/adrien/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.9.2/../../../../avr/bin/ld.exe: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Arduino/Genuino Uno

Ce rapport pourrait être plus détaillé avec
l'option "Afficher les résultats détaillés de la compilation"
activée dans Fichier -> Préférences.

Thanks to everybody who can help me / give his opinion about this project :slight_smile:

Try uninstalling & re-installing the FastLED library.

Next try uninstalling and re-installing the Arduino IDE.

I'm getting a number of errors (see below) related to the DS3231 library. Which DS3231 library are you using?

Note: I notice "#define DATA_PIN 14". You should probably use the name A0 instead of the number 14. If you ever switch to a different board, like the Leonardo, 14 is not the same as A0.

Arduino: 1.8.7 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from /Users/john/Documents/Arduino/LEDclock/LEDclock.ino:3:0:
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/FastLED/FastLED.h:14:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.002.001
 #    pragma message "FastLED version 3.002.001"
                     ^
LEDclock:10:20: error: no matching function for call to 'DS3231::DS3231(const uint8_t&, const uint8_t&)'
 DS3231 rtc(SDA, SCL);
                    ^
In file included from /Users/john/Documents/Arduino/LEDclock/LEDclock.ino:2:0:
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:64:3: note: candidate: DS3231::DS3231()
   DS3231();
   ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:64:3: note:   candidate expects 0 arguments, 2 provided
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:60:7: note: candidate: constexpr DS3231::DS3231(const DS3231&)
 class DS3231 {
       ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:60:7: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:60:7: note: candidate: constexpr DS3231::DS3231(DS3231&&)
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/libraries/DS3231/DS3231.h:60:7: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
LEDclock:11:1: error: 'Time' does not name a type
 Time t;
 ^
/Users/john/Documents/Arduino/LEDclock/LEDclock.ino: In function 'void loop()':
LEDclock:26:5: error: 't' was not declared in this scope
     t = rtc.getTime();
     ^
LEDclock:26:13: error: 'class DS3231' has no member named 'getTime'
     t = rtc.getTime();
             ^
exit status 1
no matching function for call to 'DS3231::DS3231(const uint8_t&, const uint8_t&)'

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I'm using this one : DS3231 - Rinky-Dink Electronics

Note: I notice "#define DATA_PIN 14". You should probably use the name A0 instead of the number 14. If you ever switch to a different board, like the Leonardo, 14 is not the same as A0.

You're right, A0 was just for testing purpose, I plan to switch soon to a NodeMCU ESP8266 but I wait until my code works on Arduino because compiling for ESP take several minutes instead of a few seconds for a Arduino Uno board

I got it to compile. One problem was that "display::init()" was declared as "init()".

There are a large pile of warnings in the DS3231 library because many string constants are being assigned to character pointers, not 'const' character pointers.